Wednesday, January 25, 2012

KINDRED SOULS

Last night was the best time I had had in awhile.  Great conversation.  One of those where you think you are not going to get it all out.  So much to talk about, so much in common.  Another friend (from high school, no less) on the same journey and a different path had lead her there.  It seems these people keep coming into my life.  I almost cried some happy tears on the way home, instead I belted out some Sugarland, just happy.   I really am learning from these kindred souls that keep coming into my life.  I love hearing their stories and how they got there.  I love how positive and easy-going they are.  Yes, I'm well aware that we are all not positive and easy-going 100% of the time, but we make conservative efforts to be. I'm turning a page in my book, reaching out to those who I have so much in common with.  Those who give me goose bumps just listening to them.

It wasn't that long ago another friend said that "if you have an instinct to call or text or email, you shouldn't hesitate". And, "life is too short of time and true friends." It's true, nothing should stop you.  If it makes you feel good, just do it.  I'm so thankful my friend and I reconnected last night and only because she had sent me a message....and it really just had to do with her blog.  I read a few entries and was blown away!  I'm hoping it leads to many more wonderful conversations and many more glasses of wine.

I ended my day, crawling into bed with my ear buds in, on the phone with another truly wonderful friend that brings out the positive and the easy.  And I thought to myself, life really is just as it should be, at this very moment.  A good feeling to go to bed with. 

So today I encourage you to reach out, lasso in someone who's on their way to finding their true self and just being happy.  You won't be disappointed.


"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival." - C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment