Saturday, January 7, 2012

HAPPY

I was talking to a very dear friend last night.  One of those few people in my life who just seem to "get it".  My favorite book always comes up (The Four Agreements) and I had forgotten it was one of hers, too. Basically, it is as simple as this:  1)  Be impeccable with your word, 2) Don't take anything personally, 3) Don't make assumptions, and 4) Always do your best.  I read this book back in early spring, it was the catalyst to many other incredible books, all life-changing for me.  I was trying to pinpoint the time when I felt like I had changed.  There really wasn't a time, it was all a process and still is.  I know that I am happier and calmer and less angry.  I try to find something everyday to just be happy about a/k/a "silver linings".  I still have my moments of anger and I still have my moments of sadness.  Even in those I try to remember to learn something from them. I no longer worry about what others think.  I take care of myself, first.  I've realized we are responsible for our own happiness. I have made a list of "What I Want",  it is basically of list of where I want to be and what will make me happy.  So many of the things on my list are things I have to work towards, but I know I will be happy even working towards those goals.   Finding your "happy" isn't easy, but it is totally worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment