Saturday, January 28, 2012

CLEANING AND PURGING

I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning and purging.  This purging thing is feeling so good.  I'm truly amazed at all the stuff that has accumulated.  All the stuff that "I had to have" or the "kids needed" and then there is all the stuff I have some sort of emotional attachment to.

I honestly feel like I'm tearing down walls.  Walls that have been up for a very long time. Walls that made me stubborn and controlling.  I also feel like I'm preparing myself for "what's next?".  It's just good.

Now, don't get me wrong, I still like to shop, I still like "stuff". A new outfit, shoes or pocketbook will always put a smile on my face!  I'm just coming to terms with what I really need and what I really want and what truly makes me happy.


"You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy." ~  Eric Hoffer

No comments:

Post a Comment